india newzealand. Highlights of the first Twenty20 International match between India and New Zealand on Wednesday.
New Zealand's seven-wicket triumph is their second in as many matches against India. They had won the first game against India at Johannesburg on September 16 by ten runs.
New Zealand's aforesaid win is their second best in terms of wickets - their best being by 9 wickets against Kenya at Durban on September 12, 2007.
Brendon McCullum has extended his record for the highest run-aggregate in Twenty20 Internationals - 513 in 20 games at an average of 30.17, including three fifties.
Martin Guptill (41), playing in his only second game, has posted his best ever score. In his only previous game against Australia, he had made a second-ball duck at Sydney on Feb.15, 2009.
The match has produced 24 sixes, a record in Twenty20 Internationals, bettering the 20 recorded between India (10) and Australia (10) at Durban on September 22, 2007.
Brendon McCullum, with three sixes in his innings, became the first batsman ever to register 20 sixes. He has now a tally of 22 in Twenty20 Internationals.
McCullum became the first New Zealander to hit a fifty against India - 56 not out off 49 balls. He surpassed his own record for the highest individual innings against India, bettering his 45 off 31 balls at Johannesburg on September 16, 2007.
McCullum and Taylor produced 50 runs - Nsew Zealand's highest for the third wicket against India, eclipsing the 17 by the same pair at Johannesburg on September 16, 2007.
The fourth wicket unbroken partnership of 60 runs between McCullum and Oram is a record for New Zealand, surpassing the 58 between Brendon McCullum and Grant Elliott against Australia at SCG on February 15, 2009.
India (162/8) registered their lowest score in a Twenty20I against New Zealand.
Thirteen sixes in an innings is a record for India in Twenty20 Internationals.
India's tally of 13 sixes is the second best in the history of Twenty20 Internationals, next only to Australia's tally of 14 sixes during their innings of 221 for five against England at Sydney on January 9, 2007.
Suresh Raina registered his career-best score in Twenty20 Internationals - his maiden fifty.
Raina's 61 not out off 43 balls is the highest ever score by an Indian against New Zealand, surpassing Gautam Gambhir's 51 off 33 balls at Johannesburg on September 16,2007.
Raina's five sixes in an innings is an Indian record against New Zealand, bettering Virender Sehwag's tally of four sixes in Wednesday's game.
Suresh Raina and Harbhajan Singh were involved in a 61-run eighth wicket stand, a new record in Twenty20 Internationals, eclipsing the 59 between Yusuf Pathan and Irfan Pathan against Sri Lanka at Colombo, RPS on Feb.10, 2009.
Harbhajan Singh (21) has recorded his career-best score, surpassing his 7 against New Zealand at Johannesburg on September 16, 2007.
india vs new zealand, cricinfo, nz vs ind, ind vs new zealand, cricket scores
india newzealand. Highlights of the first Twenty20 International match between India and New Zealand on Wednesday.
To get the current local time in New Zealand click here
CHECK THIS SITE
davv result, davv indore, davv results, dauniv.ac.in, 4d2u result
Get your results here
mumbai university results, mumbai university, mu.ac.in, mumbai university engineering results, university of mumbai
Slumdog Millionaire on a roll, bags fourth Oscar
Slumdog Millionaire has bagged four awards at the Oscars. The movie got the first award for Best Adapted Screenplay and the second for Best Cinematography. The third comes for Best Sound Mixing and fourth for Best Film Editing.
The Academy Awards, popularly known as the Oscars, are presented annually by the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences (AMPAS)to recognize excellence of professionals in the film industry, including directors, actors, and writers.
Get live updates here
Things you wanted to know about Oscar Awards.
The formal ceremony at which the awards are presented is one of the most prominent film award ceremonies in the world.
The Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences itself was conceived by Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer studio boss Louis B. Mayer.
The 1st Academy Awards ceremony was held on Thursday, May 16, 1929, at the Hotel Roosevelt in Hollywood to honor outstanding film achievements of 1927 and 1928. It was hosted by actor Douglas Fairbanks and director William C. DeMille.
The 81st Academy Awards honoring the best in film for 2008 will be held on Sunday, February 22, 2009 at the Kodak Theatre in Hollywood with actor Hugh Jackman hosting the ceremony for the first time.
You can see the 2009 Oscar Awards results and winners on this page .
See the full list of 2009 Oscar Awards nominees/nominations.
oscar awards 2009, oscar show, oscar award, oscar winners, academy awards live
Get your CUSAT results here
The results will be available here
The deeper yogic meaning and objective within Mahasivrathri is:Mahasivrathri is the day & night of the yogi. Mahasivrathri is a once a year celebration of Lord Siva, the awake Spirit within each of us. For several thousands of years, yogis and nearly 60% of all householders, i.e, ordinary people in India, observe this auspicious day by staying up all night chanting and singing to Lord Siva. Mahasivrathri is the gift of realized Sages to enable everyone experience turiya, the state of higher consciousness.
Observing Mahasivrathri is transforming as we awaken to whom we truly are. Lord Siva, the dissolver of ego enables clearance of past karmic negatives that have blocked us from our true potentials. Mahasivrathri is rejuvenative as we tune into the eternal yogi within ourselves as the surrender of our body consciousness to the awake soul, the eternal yogi. The objective of Mahasivrathri is to experience turiya, the realm of enlightenment. Proximity of the mind with Source does align our thoughts to be empowered as we are in touch with our inner wisdom of calm, serenity, inspiration, abundance and knowing.
Listen to and download Delhi 6 songs here
dilli 6 review, dilli 6 reviews, dilli 6, delhi 6 movie review, delhi 6 review
9 Reasons why bookmyshow.com is your best choice.
BookmyShow - Bigtree offers ticketing for cinemas, plays concerts and live events through its website – www.bookmyshow.com. The service is also available in 10 cites through a single number 39895050. Customers can book tickets through an Automated Speech Recognition system or talk to an agent to book tickets. Bigtree also offers home delivery of tickets.
Buy tickets here http://www.bookmyshow.com/
I am member of a review site mouthshut.com
A very good review article is published there by Mr.siddhartha baruah.
I can not resist my urge to quote it for the benifit of my blog reader.
1) Fast loading website, good overall information available about theater and the movies.
2) Innovative option of selecting seats from an image of the seating arrangement, where you exactly know the locations of the seats.
3) Secure Credit card transaction
4) Almost all theaters/Movies tickets are available.
5) New Prebook feature
6) Some good promotional offers running on tickets
7)Options of booking tickets for Concerts, plays and other cultural events available along with movies.
8). Useful information like Parking facility, Gaming Zone, Food Court etc is also available.
9) Fees -A convenience charge of Rs15 per ticket is charged currently.
Note: You should carry the credit card with you.
Source: Mr. Siddhartha Baruah
pvr cinemas, pvr, inox, fun cinemas, inox bangalore
You can get the site to download hall tickets here
9 Things you wanted to know about Presidents Day - February 16th 2009
1. The official name is Washington’s Birthday.
2. This federal holiday is celebrated each year on the third Monday of February, though it was originally celebrated on Washington’s actual birthday of February 22nd.
3.It’s the first federal holiday to recognize an American citizen and was enacted in 1880 as a holiday for the District of Columbia only.
4. In 1885 it was named a federal holiday for all federal offices in the U.S.
5.It wasn’t until 1976 that Washington’s Birthday was moved to the third Monday of February in an attempt to establish it more along the lines of President’s Day to also honor Abraham Lincoln who was born on February 12th.
6.Currently 12 states have renamed Washington’s Birthday, President’s Day or a similar variation to honor all of the U.S. presidents.
7. In Massachusetts the holiday focuses on honoring presidents from that state and a few other states have passed similar holidays as well
8.Many American schools use the days leading up to Presidents Day to educate students about the history of the Presidents of the United States, especially Washington and Lincoln.
9.Since 1862, there has been a tradition in the United States Senate that George Washington's Farewell Addressbe read on his birthday.
Get the date sheet for CCS University here
Do you want to watch the budget presentation or read the whole budget?
Pranab Mukherjee has presented the interim budget in the Lok Sabha for the next fiscal.
The Minister also announced that India Infrastructure Finance Company will raise Rs 10,000 crore from the market by the end of March 2009.
A few of the Highlights are below, The entire Budget details is availabale at www.indiabudget.nic.in. and finmin.nic.in
* GDP growth seen at 7.1 pct in 08/09
* 2008/09 farm outlook is encouraging.
* Government to provide interest subsidy to farmers in 09/10.
* Farm loan waiver has so far cost 653 billion rupees.
* Apr-Nov FDI registered at $23.3 billion.
* India has weathered inflation crisis, but there is no room for complacency.
* Now is the time for extraordinary measures.
* "In these difficult times, when most economies are struggling to stay afloat, a healthy 7.1 percent rate of GDP growth still makes India the second fastest growing economy in the world," he said.
* There may be a need for additional measures in the post-poll budget.
* There is a need to accelerate policy reforms, including in the financial sector.
* Social security nets need to be strengthened
Watch the Indian Budget 2009-10 Live
HYDERABAD: An aeronautical engineer from Nizamabad district of Andhra Pradesh was found dead under suspicious circumstances at his house in Madrid reports economics times.
25-year-old Y Sidhartha was working in GMB--a Space Research Centre in Madrid.
The reason for his death was still not known.
Sidhartha's parents, who are doctors at Nizamabad, were informed about his demise yesterday and they are trying to get more details on the incident.
"Some people from IIT Chennai called me up yesterday and told Sidhartha was seriously injured. To further confirm the incident I called up Sidhartha's junior in Madrid who told me that Sidhartha was found dead in his house," a shocked Y Sambasiva Rao, the victim's father, said today.
He said GMB officials have also contacted him and informed about his son's death. "GMB officials told me they would arrange for VISA, travel documents and other arrangements for handing over Sidhartha's body at the earliest," Sambadiva Rao said.
Sidhartha's death comes days after an engineer from the state was shot dead in Atlanta in the US. A total of eight engineers from Andhra Pradesh have met a tragic end in the United States in the last 15 months.
Get your MSBTE results here
Rail budget highlights
LIVE: Lalu presents interim rail budget
Rs 70,000 crore surplus to be used
To spend Rs 37,900 crore in FY '10
Expected freight revenue in '09: Rs 59,060 cr
Freight traffic went up 9% last year
Turnaround without burden on public
To introduce high-capacity wagons
To invest Rs 2.30 lakh cr in 11th 5-year plan
RECRUITMENT OF IT OFFICERS SCALE II / III
CENTRAL BANK OF INDIA,CHANDERMUKHI,MUMBAI PAGE: 1
WRITTEN TEST HELD ON 23-11-2008
CANDIDATES WITH THE FOLLOWING ROLL NUMBERS HAVE QUALIFIED IN WRITTEN TEST.
Check here http://www.centralbankofindia.co.in/articles/NL-0001159_doc.pdf
1.Call Letters are being dispatched separately.
2. Bank will not be responsible for any discrepancy crept in advertently
in the above display list.
3. In the meanwhile, candidates are requested to keep ready copies of
following documents required to be submitted at the time of Interview.
1. School Leaving Certificate, SSC & HSC or equivalent Examination Passing Certificates along with the relevant Marks Sheet.
2. Certificates and Marks Sheets in support of your passing the Graduation, Post-Graduation, Professional Qualifications and Technical Examinations, etc., as prescribed by the Bank for being eligible for the advertised post.
3. Experience Certificates with the full name, complete address and telephone numbers of the employer(s) with whom you have worked, in support of your Work Experience, as prescribed by the Bank for being eligible for the post advertised, for each position held, explicitly specifying in detail, the period (with exact dates), the designation and cadre, if any, held, and the nature of duties performed.
4. Candidates belonging to the Scheduled Caste / Scheduled Tribe / Other Backward Class Category, should submit a Caste Certificate in the format prescribed by the Government of India and issued by a Competent Authority. The Caste Certificate should confirm to the Caste as appearing in the Central government List/Notification. Certificates, with any discrepancy in the name, spelling of the caste, etc. will not be accepted. The OBC Certificate should have been issued on or after 18.09.2007 and should specifically contain the ‘Creamy Layer’ Clause.
5. Persons with Disabilities shall produce a Medical Certificate from the District Level Medical Board, clearly specifying the nature of the disability and percentage of infirmity.
6. For Candidates serving in a Government/Public Sector Undertaking (including Public Sector Banks & Financial Institutions), a ‘No Objection Certificate’ from your present employer will also be required to be submitted.
University of Mysore
Undergraduate Degree Results
Latest: The results of BSC, BCS, BBM, BCOM, BPA, BCA THE RESULTS OF B.A. WILL BE ANNOUNCED ON 14.02.2009
click here http://www.uni-mysore.ac.in/results/
I have recorded some file in my Nokia 6300 mobile and downloaded it to my computer. It was saved as .amr file.
I wanted to convert it into mp3 format but could not find any easy way to do it. After some search I found one site which converts into many types of file formats.
You may try this and give me feedback.
Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering (GATE) 2009 was held on February 8, 2009.
Know more about answer keys here
GATE 2009 Answerkey, Solutions
Gate overview, Sample papers, analysis [Onestop Gate]
Get MBA II / III / IV Semester Results 2008 of VTU.
CHECK YOUR MBA results on the VTU results website.
For VTU 2008-2009 B.E. 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th, 6th, 7th and 8th Semester Results. MCA, MBA all Results click here : http://results.vtu.ac.in/
Also check RESULTS(PROVISIONAL)
: vtu results MBA 2nd, 3rd and 4th semester, VTU MBA Results, vtu.ac.in, vtu
8 Things you should know for booking TATA NANO.
1. Bookings for the Rs 1 lakh Nano will begin by February end.
2. The booking amount for the world’s cheapest car will be around Rs 70,000.
3. All dealers of Tata Motors and branches of the State Bank of India (SBI) will accept bookings simultaneously across the country in the next three weeks.
4. SBI will initially engaged 100 branches and take the number eventually to 1,000.
5. Tata Motors and SBI have entered into an exclusive arrangement for the Nano car. SBI will not only act as sole lender to buyers but also offer its branches for bookings.
6. Allotment will be made through a draw
7. Nano would be launched in March 2009 with cars rolling out from the Pantnagar plant in Uttranchal. This plant can produce only 3,000 cars per month.
8. Things will ease only after the cars roll out of Sanand plant near Ahmedabad which will have an initial capacity of producing 2,50,000 cars per annum. But the Gujarat plant will take at least one year to start production.
See First Picture of Tata NANO on road फर्स्ट पिक्चर ...
First Picture of Tata NANO on road. http://feeds.feedburner.com/IndianMusings.indmusings.blogspot.com/2008/10/blog-post_08.html
M.P. Board of Secondary Education has published Time Table for Board Examinations for the year 2009
Here are the websites where you can download the timetable.
M.P. High School & Higher Secondary Examination Time Table 2009
Madhya Pradesh Vocational Examination Time Table 2009
Madhya Pradesh Physical Examination Time Table 2009
Madhya Pradesh Diploma in Education Examination Time Table 2009
Madhya Pradesh Pre-Primary Examination Time Table 2009
Final result of Constable (Executive)-Male in Delhi Police 2008 - to be called for medical examination and police verification of character & antecedents.
Direct recruitment to the post of Women Constable (Executive) in Delhi Police 2008 - regarding candidates to be called for medical examination and police verification of character & antecedents.
delhi police results, delhi police, delhi police recruitment, dsssb, rpsc
10 things you wanted to know about 6th pay commission Maharashtra.
1. Maharashtra Government decided to implement the recommendations of the Sixth Pay Commission, a move that would benefit over 13 lakh state employees.
2. The decision would result in additional burden of Rs 8,091 cr on the state exchequer.
3. The recommendations would be implemented from January 1, 2006. Over 13 lakh employees would get an overall hike of 20-30 per cent
4. There will be an overall increase of 20 to 25 per cent in the salary of the employees and the arrears from January 2006 to March 2009 will be deposited in provident fund for the employees in the next five years, while the retired employees will also get the same amount in five years .
5. Arrears of Rs 18,370 crore would be paid to the employees in installments .
6. Those employees who had retired before January 1, 2006 would get an additional benefit of upto 40 percent of the pension amount.
7. The state government has reduced the eligibility age of 33 years of services for entitlement of pension to 20 years.
8. Most of the recommendations of P M A Hakim Committee set up at the state level to review the Sixth Pay Commission have been accepted in December last year.
9. The government has not taken any decision on Hakeem's recommendation for removing all the class IV employees.
10. Some of the major suggestions included increase in Dearness Allowance and Transport Allowance.
maharashtra.gov.in, 6th pay commission, aajtak news, 6th pay, latest news on 6th pay commission
10 things you wanted to know about CricketNirvana.com
1. A site to watch cricket online.
2. Access to live videos, scores, feeds and other services.
3. CricketNirvana.com is owned by Nimbus
4. Registration is free of cost.
5. Browse through exclusive interviews and expert columns.
6. Watch domestic matches (Ranji and Irani Trophies) and Women’s cricket.
7. Get. scores and news about all international matches.
8. Interactive Scoreboards with integrated Video
9. Special Video Clips and Packages
10.Rich Media Content, Newscasts and Audio Specials
So here are the sites for you
For Live Cricket scores, Results, Analysis, Score cards visit
Live cricket scores at http://scores.cricketnirvana.com/
cricket interviews, cricket live scores, Cricket Nirvana Website, Cricket Scores, Cricket Videos, Cricketnirvana, cricketnirvana.com, india cricket live scores, india cricket scorecard, Latest Cricket news, Live scorecard, live scores, Sports
B.E. Results will be announced on 3rd Feb 2009 at 1.00 pm.
Detailed Result Analysis will be available at 2.30 pm.
Gujarat Technological University (GTU)
B.E. Examination Results
Circular for B.E.Result
See also : BE Results, GTU, gtu.ac.in, Exam results, Results, BE, gtu, be results, Gujarat Technological University BE Results, GTU, Gujarat Technological University
A $10 laptop (Rs 500) prototype, with 2 GB RAM capacity, would be on display in Tirupati on February 3 when the National Mission on Education through Information and Communication Techology is launched.
The $10 laptop has come out of the drawing board stage due to work put in by students of Vellore Institute of Technology, scientists in Indian Institute of Science, Bangalore, IIT-Madras and involvement of PSUs like Semiconductor Complex. “At this stage, the price is working out to be $20 but with mass production it is bound to come down,” R P Agarwal, secretary, higher education said.
The mission launch would also see demonstration of e-classroom, virtual laboratory and a better 'Sakshat' portal that was launched more than two years ago. Sources also said that the ministry has entered into an agreement with four publishers — Macmillan, Tata McGraw Hill, Prentice-Hall and Vikas Publishing — to upload their textbooks on 'Sakshat'. Five per cent of these books can be accessed free.
The mission, with an 11th plan outlay of Rs 4,612 crore, is aimed at making a serious intervention in enhancing the Gross Enrolment Ratio in higher education. The mission has two major components. One, content generation through its portal 'Sakshat', and two, building connectivity along with providing access devices for institutions and learners.
In this context, government would give Rs 2.5 lakh per institution for 10 Kbps connection and subsidise 25% of costs for private and state government colleges.
The mission would seek to extend computer infrastructure and connectivity to over 18,000 colleges in the country, including each department of nearly 400 universities and institutions of national importance. The mission would focus on appropriate e-learning procedures, providing facility of performing experiments through virtual laboratories, online testing and certification, online availability of teachers to guide and mentor learners, and utilization of EduSat and DTH.
Программу "Время" смотрело практически все взрослое население страны, собирая рекордную аудиторию - 150 миллионов человек ежедневно. В 1977 году деятельность тележурналистов, создающих программу "Время", была отмечена Государственной премией СССР.
В советское время Нонна Бодрова побывала едва ли не в каждом доме. В программу "Время" юная Бодрова пришла после школы-студии МХАТ. Сцене она предпочла новости - и не жалела. Их дуэт с Игорем Кирилловым помнят миллионы зрителей.
Tribute to her from an unknown Indian who remembers her.
Прогноз погоды в программе "Время" 2 ноября 1977 года
Energy New Updates
Would the Government allow oil cos to fix petrol ...
Is India prepared for oil spill?
Indira Gandhi’s contributions in the field of envi...
Ritual to rejuvenation
PSU's picking up executives from Private companies...
Updates on Parikh report
Oil PSU shave lost Rs 156,000 crore to subsidies
Sail, ONGC and IOC ask for appointment of indepe...
On Post of CEO's in PSUs
Huge spending planend by Oil companies
LPG pipeline from Paradip to Durgapur
Non-woven cotton carbon absorbent wipes for oil sp...
IOC is Sparkling bright
Cairn India started crude oil supply through its n...
IOC Naphtha for Haldia Petro
IndianOil and government of Tamil Nadu to set up a...
State-owned IndianOil (IOC) and Hindustan Petroleu...
IKF Green Fuels Ltd plans to set up two new bio-f...
Managing the spillover of an oil spill
MIC Electronics signs MOC with IOCL
IndianOil markets 5-kg commercial LPG cylinders i...
China's third largest solar panel manufacturer int...