The book I am reading now  

I am now reading a booke named 'Snow' by Orhan Pamuk, winner of nobel prize winner 2006.

I brought the book about 3 weeks back but did not have courage to really start reading it. One thing which was deterring me was the very fine print. It is very hard to read it while lying down. The next deterent was - I was sceptical about the theme and writer. But when I started it, I started liking it. I felt some similarities for the characters with me. The author, a journalist is arriving to his home town Kars in Turkey afyer 15 years. The rise of Islamic fundamentalism, story of Kars linked to Russia, Armenia, Azeri characters, all these striked a chord in me. I stayed in Russia for 12 long years, visited Armenia in one winter in a student group, I am aware of the long standing problems between Armenia and Turkey, the genocide of Armenians in 1915. All these are known to me. So when I started reluctantly reading the book, I was slowly dragged into it. I liked the begining of the story how the journalist Ka was travelling in a bus from Istambul to faraway city named Kars. He reaches there, stays in a hotel, meets journalists and starts his search for all the things he left when he left this place 15 years back. Suddenly he meets this girl whom he loved......(Cond.....)

___________________________________
Make Indmusings your reading habit

AddThis Social Bookmark Button

0 comments

Post a Comment

Energy News from the World

Energy News from the World
Editors Pick